3 August 2015
My Year as a Paragon Event Intern
This time last year I was completing my second year at the University of Gloucestershire studying Sports Management, I am now saying goodbye to Paragon after an incredible year as their Events Intern as part of my ‘sandwich degree’ which includes a year in industry.
Before starting at Paragon I was excited to start working in the sporting and events industry and to learn more about what running an event involved. Now after an amazing year at Paragon it has 100% exceeded my expectations. I have been to some really amazing events and been given a lot of responsibility to help develop my skills and knowledge.
What have I learnt from being an Event Intern at Paragon?
I have learnt a lot; from how to write an event proposal to how to put together a budget; to what it takes to run an event as big as ‘An Evening with the Stars’ in aid of BBC Children in Need seamlessly. My confidence has grown hugely whilst being at Paragon as well as my communication skills, organisation and my attention to detail. Having experienced the working world will be a huge asset for when I apply for jobs after University.
Events I have been involved in…
• Team building events including one at De Vere Hotel, Theobalds Park
• Tower of London Captain’s Dinner with the likes of Alastair Cook and Chris Robshaw
• Olympic Legend’s Lunch at the Grand Connaught Rooms in central London, with the likes of Denise Lewis and Tanni Grey-Thompson
• ‘An Evening with the Stars’ in aid of BBC Children in Need
• Christmas parties in Shoreditch for Interxion
• Incentive trips to Budapest, Venice, Brazil and South Africa
• Paragon’s Launch of One Live Partner and Spring Party at the Haymarket Hotel
• Paragon’s Internal Launch of One Live Partner at Emirates Stadium
• Monaco Grand Prix VIP Day Trip
• A family day festival at Allianz Park.
Highlights of the year…
• Lunch time walks along the river in Richmond, the most beautiful place to walk
• Meeting celebrities like England Cricket Captain Alastair Cook, England Rugby Captain Chris Robshaw, ex England rugby player Mike Tindall, cricket legend and King of the ‘I’m a Celebrity’ jungle Phil Tufnell, ex England Captain Lewis Moody and Strictly Come Dancing professional Natalie Lowe just to name a few
• Playing rounders on Richmond Green
• Paragon Team Nights
• Site visit to the Grosvenor Hotel ahead of ‘An Evening with the Stars’
• Attending the M&IT Awards at Battersea Evolution
• Mason Rose show case at the Mondrian Hotel, Rumpus Room
• Paragon’s internal launch at Arsenal FC, Emirates Stadium
• ‘An Evening with the Star’s at the Grosvenor Hotel
• Spending the day in Monaco for the Monaco Grand Prix and getting to sit in the Grandstand and watch.
As I now say goodbye to Paragon, my colleagues and friends I made there I am looking forward to going back to University to complete my final year and being able to apply my new event knowledge to assignments. After graduating University I can’t wait to start my career in the events industry. Thank you so much for an incredible experience Paragon!