19 August 2015
What to wear at York Ebor Festival?
It’s time for the races! Royal Ascot has teased past and Epsom is well behind us but thankfully York Ebor Festival is finally here. It’s time to feel that dress doom and figure out what to wear for the day where everyone is focused on looking fabulous!
So where to start. Here is our guide to getting your mind in order and ensuring you feel every bit as fantastic as you should for the action packed day.
1) What do you already have – remember it doesn’t have to be a dress. Do you have a skirt or top you love? A pair of shorts that are dying for some VIP treatment or want to base your outfit around a staple necklace or accessories, now is the time to do it. See what you have so you can find the gaps.
2) So now you know you want to rock that high wasted so-in-fashion long skirt, go about finding the matching parts. It’s the races so try not to go for the obvious – think bright. Is the skirt red – why not opt for a bright yellow top? Or write down a list of all the colours it would go with which makes your chance of success every bit easier. Don’t have a starting point? You are in luck, you get the pick of the bunch. Decide what style suits you – are you doing high or low neck, fitted or floaty, deciding on the style early on will save you time. Now hit the high street and get shopping – we also like browsing asos.com and Pinterest to get some inspiration.
3) Here are our top picks of outfits from the racing season – take a look if you are struggling for inspiration.
4) Don’t forget your hat. A headpiece is crucial at the races and with few opportunities to wear one now is the time to go all out. It doesn’t have to big a big, bulky hat that may drive you mad throughout the day, why not opt for delicate hair accessories, a fascinator, pearls or a headband? Take a look at our favourite head gear:
5) Take your flats. Crucial to avoid that “I did look fabulous but now I am in agony” look. Take a delicate pair of sandles to make your outfit work without the heel. Here are some of our favourites.
6) Do the extras. Its not all about the clothes, what about your makeup? Hair? Tan? Nails? Accessories? So much to think about. Get a polish to match your signature colour. Try tanning, our new favourite San Tropez In Shower gradual tan gives you colour without the smell or faff. No time, instant tan works a treat. Just make sure you put it on well before putting your clothes on.
Hope that helped. Have a fabulous time and tweet us a pic @_thisisparagon.
Take a look at our Horse Racing Hospitality here.